Sunday, July 13, 2014

Grumblings Of An Overheated, Insomiatic Pregnant Woman

It's 1:29 am. I'm so tired. My eyelids are so heavy. But I cannot sleep.

It's 82 degrees inside our house. So, if you are pregnant, it feels like 115. No AC. We leave the windows open but the hot air is stagnant. There is not a single room in our house that has more than one window which opens. So...no chance catching a cross breeze. Our fan is doing nothing.

I feel like I'm living in a sauna! Damn you, 100 year old house!

Also, I saw an add on Facebook for Season Two of True Detectives. And now I keep thinking about Season One (which was SO creepy!). Every time I close my eyes, creepy visions from past episodes flood to the front of my mind, making sleep even more elusive. What the heck. Who would have thought an innocuous ad would cause me so much misery. Stupid over-active imagination.

I keep staring at the thermostat, willing the digital numbers to drop even just 5 degrees.

I'm eating popcorn. Because at nearly 2am when you're out-of-your-mind tired but cannot sleep and it's too hot to have a rational thought, eating popcorn seems like the natural thing to do, right?

ARGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment