Wednesday, April 15, 2015

So Many Things...So Little Time!

I worked some crazy-ass hours last week. I worked 50 hours during the week (M-F) and then topped it off with 9 more hours on the weekend. This might be nothing for a law firm attorney. But it's a heck of a lot for THIS government lawyer!

This past week involved so many intense emotions. On one particular day, I was having a fantastic day as a mom and an attorney. I felt transcendentally happy and successful in all aspects of my life. I drove to work with my favorite song blasting on the radio after I had just killed the entire morning with mommy excellence- I made pancakes, from scratch; I dressed all the children; we laughed and joked as we got out the door; there were no tears or tantrums. I sat in my work parking lot waiting for the song to end, rocking out and banging my head against the air. I was, a million times over, a rockstar.

Just a typical crazy morning


The very next day Ryan was a total nightmare, I was exhausted, and Jon was fussy. This was NOT a good combo. I may have thrown a chair against the floor (while the children were all safe in their rooms screaming or crying over something). I was the embodiment of Mommy Hulk. It was not a pleasant thing, for anyone.

This weekend, emotions mostly evened out and we celebrated Ryan's third birthday. I cannot believe this guy is three. He is sweet and hilarious and a demon all at the same time.

Birthday cinnamon rolls


Today Ryan was refusing to share the Icee I bought the boys to share (after our long trip to the park).

Ryan: "I don't want to share!"
Me: "You can share or you can have nothing."
Ryan: "I'll have nothing."
Me: "Fine."
Ryan: "WHERE'S MY NOTHING!"
Me: "You don't get anything. Nothing means you get zero."
Ryan: "I WANT MY ZERO. GIVE ME NOTHING!"

I don't think he quite caught on.

Happy Birthday Ry-Guy


All the kids loved helping Ryan. He loved being the center of attention.


In addition to Ninja Turtle PJs and shoes and a slew of monster trucks, Spongebob was a favorite


Jon had a teeny accident on grandpa



On Sunday we also celebrated Jon's baptism. This happened at 9:30 am and Ry's birthday was at 11:00am. We were a little "scrambly" that morning. Yes, that's a technical term.


All my boys!


Same boys after an hour of sitting not-so-nicely in church



Jon with grandpa and god-father. I love this candid shot!


Jon wasn't so sure about being baptized. Dear God, don't take it personally!



So that's kind of why I've been MIA..... At some point, I may get to posting Easter photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment