Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Better

Things got a little worse before they got better. Last night, Ryan woke us up at 3 a.m. and refused to sleep anywhere but our bed which resulted in two hours of him tossing, turning, and kicking me. He finally drifted off and I absolutely couldn't get back to sleep.

So yeah, I got three hours of total sleep last night then had to wake up to face of day of three motion deadlines (appellate brief, summary judgment reply, and motion to compel). I was a very, very grumpy girly. Oh man. I was a volcano waiting to explode trying to get out the door. Take it back. I did explode. Several times. Ugh. I was not a good person.

But after I dropped the kids off, I MADE my day turn around. I stopped at Starbucks and bought a much-coveted skinny vanilla latte. The guy behind me had the gall to utter the words "cheese danish" and I instantly and absolutely had to have one. I added that to my order right before I swiped my plastic.

Then I popped into the grocery store to get ONE APPLE. And left with: a bag of mini Chips Ahoy, a bag of regular Chips Ahoy (I couldn't decide what size I wanted!), a bag of mini Oreos, a three pound bag of gummy bears, a big box of granola bars, and a package of Andes mints. Oh yeah, I did remember my apple, thankfully. Never go to the store when you're pregnant. Ever.

My desk drawer currently looks like this (minus a few cookies):


The can of tomato soup is a long time resident of my drawer and sadly keeps getting passed over during lunch for some hardcore amazing freezer meals (which I could seriously eat for every single meal for the rest of my life).

Every time  I was crabby, I simply opened my drawer and took stock of my goodies and...insta-smile.

 Sometimes it really IS the little things in life.

The day only got better when I was able to poo for the first time in FOREVER (pregnancy makes every poop as valuable as a golden nugget of equal size). Two words: victory dump. Sorry for the TMI but I'm keeping it real up in here. Pregnancy is far from glamorous, people and this was quite possibly the very highlight of my week so it deserves a place on the blog.

I worked until 7pm and almost finished all my motions. And when I got off work, the sun was still out, the weather was slightly warm and I just cranked up the radio with the windows rolled down as I cruised along the waterfront highway passing large, majestic navy ships on my way home. I love Bremerton. I love Washington. I love being an attorney. I love cookies. Dang it, I'm not going to even run for the rest of the week. I'm just going to eat cookies!

All is right with the world once more.

I didn't even mind when I noticed at 7pm that I had been walking around half the day with a lettuce leaf stuck to my skirt. Psssh. Foliage.

1 comment:

  1. this made me laugh out loud. thank you for that. glad you had a good day :)

    ReplyDelete